tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 14 04:41:02 2000

Re: Words not in Dictionary (Was: Canonical Klingon)

jatlh qa'ral:
>the semantic movement from *one who behaves as or acts in the
>manner of* to *actor* in the sense of *performer* is not a great stretch,
>granted, but neither is it self-evident.

Taken alone, jIQochbe'. However, in context, it would probably become clear.
If I was watching a play and remarked, {po' Da'wI'pu'}, it would be quite
clear that I was referring to the actors and not someone else.

- DujHoD

Back to archive top level