tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 11 13:26:06 2000

Re: Time concepts/Chang's new lines

jIjatlh:
> > Here are two instances of what I mean.  Here is a sentence that I wanted
> > to translate for my girlfriend:
> > "Cherish your yesterdays; dream your tomorrows; but live your todays."

jangchu' charghwI':
> wa'Hu'meylIj tItIvchu'; wa'leSmeylIj tInab; 'ach
> DaHjajmeylIj tIchu'.

That <tIchu'> is throwing me.  Did you mean <tI(something, i.e. jeS)chu'>, or
did you mean <chu'> as in "activate a device"?

> Better yet:
>
> wa'Hu'meylIj DavuvmeH yIqaw; wa'leSmeylIj DavuvmeH yInab;
> 'ach DaHjajmeylIj DavuvmeH yIjeSchu'.

Grammar question:
What is the object of <yIqaw>, <yInab>, and <yIjeSchu'>?  Is it the
previous sentence, no object, or the "days"?  I think it should
be <tI-> as above and can't see why you used <yI->.

qatlho', charghwI'.  jIHvaD "time concepts" DaQIjchu'.

--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level