tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 10 22:05:33 2000

cheng Sa' may'bom bom mu' cha'DIch

jatlh DujHoD:
>So you're saying that (using my example again) {jIbIv} would be
ungrammatical
>because {bIv} *must* be transitive?

I'm sorry, i'm not sure I know exactly what transitive is and i threw out my
dictionary when i moved.  As for the example being ungrammitical, it really
depends on the sentence it's used in.   Ex.  if you were to say, "I need to
break bottles"  it would be ungrammitical to use jIbIvnIS.  if you were to
say "I need to break the law"  then it would be appropriate to use jIbIvnIS.
the word <bIv> is simply peticular to breaking rules and the sort.

-veS joH

Back to archive top level