tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 09 21:23:28 2000

Re: a challenge for people sick of whiners

ja' Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen:

> tetlhvo' HIteq!
> DaH 'e' ta'chu'.
> tuteqbe'chugh
> SanuQtaHqu'

QoQvam boparHa'chugh pagh boparchugh HIja':

tetlh -   vo'       HI -      teq!
C(q)      F(q.)     F(e)      F(q)

DaH       'e'       ta' -     chu'
A(q)      C'(q)     A(q)      G(q)

tu -      teq -     be' -     chugh
F(q)      E(q)      C(q)      C(q)

Sa -      nuQ -     taH -     qu'
F(e) G(e) A(q)      F(q)      F(q_)

This fits in with my concept of the notes used in Klingon music (and I think
with several concepts, actually): C E F G A C' E' F' G' - (' meaning an octave
higher), (q) quarter note, (q.) dotted quarter, (e) eighth note, and (q_)
quarter note held out.  It works well with an F drone, or add a C' drone also.
It also works as a round, but with only two groups singing (group two sings
<tetlh> when group one gets to <DaH>.)

This tune just sorta popped into my head, while I was at work.  I tried to
remember it and write it down.

- tuv'el

Back to archive top level