tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 09 16:39:48 2000

Re: a challenge for people sick of whiners

In a private note Krankor pointed out a few flaws in my first verse. The
2nd person number changes from one prefix to the next (cho-} in {choteqbe'}
(singular "you") but {Sa-} in {SanuQtaHchu'} (plural "you"). And then
there's the obvious ordering error of the suffixes in {SanuQtaHchu'}, so
obvious that I overlooked it the first time through.

And there's also a typo in the second verse (should be {HollIj} not {HolIj}.

HIvqa' veqlargh. I'll leave you to fix the typo. Here's the first verse in
its new improved form:

tetlhvo' HIteq!
DaH 'e' ta'chu'.
tuteqbe'chugh
SanuQtaHqu'

I actually like this better.

And kudos to Burt and David (tuv'el De'vID je) for taking up the challenge.
Nice verses.

Lawrence

Back to archive top level