tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 09 04:30:30 2000

Re: Another pun?

ja' veS joH:

> I've been using the word "bang" as a verb for 5 yrs and never saw that
> it was always a noun as in a person who is your love.  in that case, what
> is the verb for of the word?  and seeing that romance is also a noun,
what
> would be a verb for of that? if i were to say "I love to romance my
woman"
> how would i write it? if not "be'wIj vIparmeq jIbang"? (is that even
correct
> grammer?  the double verb sentences always trip me up!)  {{ ;-P

> BTW- what is the tasteless pun behind (yuD) be dishonest?

I'm no pabpo', mind you, but two popular ways of saying *I love you* are
{bangwI' SoH} and {chobelmoH}. As for *I love to romance my woman*, the
best I can do is a *crude* approximation: {be'wI' (or bangwI' or
parmaqqaywI') vIngagh 'e' vItIv}. (Just don't let her know this was my
suggestion.)

qa'ral

(I'm not going anywhere near that pun.)

Back to archive top level