tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 05 12:30:41 2000

RE: Klingon Music

jatlh De'vID:
> <jav; wIyu'bogh mu' DIpoj>

jang Qov:
> Is that a headless relative or a misplaced object plus a prefix error?

It's supposed to be "We analyze the words of the prisoner whom we
interrogate."  <jav wIyu'bogh> <mu'> <DIpoj>.  I figured that <jav>
was in the right place to be the head of the relative clause.  Then
I tacked on <mu'(mey)> in a noun-noun construct, but I dropped the
<-mey> to keep the same number of syllables as the English.  The
<DI-> prefix on <poj> is supposed to indicate that I'm talking about
<mu'mey>.  This is probably totally wrong.  Needs some work, like you say.

> DaparHa'chugh vaj yIlIS 'ej yItlhap. jIbomlaHbe'mo' jIH, not vIQatmoHlaH.
> Qov 'utlh

Do'Ha', tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhlaHchu'be'.  vaj jIbomlaHbe'ba' je.

Perhaps I will keep in mind when my Klingon is good enough to write
a song, but I shall have to shelf that idea for now.

--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level