tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 05 01:43:10 2000

Re: jIrop (Does anyone agree with QInteS????)

>Am I being too vague with my
>definitions?  If *rachwI'* is truly a literal translation for "nurse"

i dont think there are any real "literal" translations of really anything.
we correlate one name in any peticular language with a name in another
language for an item of similar charactristics.  What the Klingons may refer
to as a "nurse"  or a "rachwI' "
may be similar to our nurse but not exactly.  Even on Terra, we have
different nurses doing different job discriptions and compleatly different
roles in compleatly different environments.  It's the similar characteristics
they share that makes them a nurse.  The name should change only when
specifing the job.  rachwI' in general; QelHom in specific.  or what ever
your specification may be, puq QelHom what have you.

-veS joH

Back to archive top level