tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 03 16:02:09 2000

RE: need help on a phrase..

>"A. Benton" wrote:
> > How would one translate the phrase
> > "warriors of peace"?????
>
> I would say <roj SuvwI'pu'>, or maybe <roj negh>.

> > is it rojvajpu'?

I would stick with [ vaj ] for this usage.

> It has been explained that <vaj> means "warriorhood", i.e. the
> idea of a warrior, and not a specific warrior.  So I wouldn't
> use <vaj>.

That is not how I recall it...
In karate a young warrior strives to improve himself, his mind; but he is a
good lad, never really fights anyone.  He is not learning karate so that he
can beat the crap out of someone, he is just building discipline and
following the ancient code, the warriors' code.  He does not actually pick
up a weapon and go out and fight.  He just lives "the Way"; Honor,
Discipline, loyalty.
He is a vaj
A SuvwI' is someone that litterally fights.

So is this guy actually "fighting" for peace, or is he trying to enforce the
"Way" of peace?

> A curiosity: Why would you ever need a phrase like that in Klingon?

To use as an insult.

DloraH

Back to archive top level