tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 03 10:28:22 2000

Re: need help on a phrase..

At 11:35 00-02-03 -0600, you wrote:
}Greetings to all!
}
}After laying low for a while...I decided to
}get back into the swing of things....so
}I have a small question.
}
}How would one translate the phrase
}
}"warriors of peace"?????
}
}I always have trouble using the right prefixes and suffixes....
}
}is it rojvajpu'?
}
}or perhaps vajpu'wojwI'?

Easy there.  Don't cram everything all together.  It's not that complicated.

Take the word for warrior: SuvwI' is "preferred" for most contexts.
Take the word for peace: roj.

Both are nouns. Now what is the relationship between them?  Which one
modifies the other?  You are talking about warriors OF peace.  Re-read TKD 3.4.

roj SuvwI' - warrior(s) of peace
roj SuvwI'pu' - warriors of peace

On the other hand, if you are speaking of a particular unit of such
warriors, subsuming themselves to the idea of peace, it might make sense to
use roj mang, "soldier of peace."

Qov 'utlh

Back to archive top level