tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 21 01:03:05 2000

VOCAB question: to be busy, to retire

Hi,

I need help with two concepts.  How would I say "to be busy" and "to retire"?

For "I'm busy", I think something like {Qu' vIvumlI'} might work.
Any other ideas?

Also, how would I say "to retire"?  I'm using {batlh bup} "to
quit honorably", and {'utlh moj} "to become an officer emeritus"
(someone who served the Klingon Defense Force and lived to
retire).  The context I'm using it in is that of a warrior who
has won many battles, and is now giving away his sword so he can
devote the rest of his life to contemplation and to declare
his love for a woman whom, due to honour, he cannot have while
he is a warrior.

--
De'vID