tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 28 01:41:34 2000

Re: [KLBC] [The Raven] Uff! :)

On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 09:56:45PM -0400, [email protected] wrote:

>>*Lenore* chIlmo', be'HomvaD qub 'ej boch
>>'ej *Lenore* 'oH pongDaj'e' pongbogh Qun negh
>>paqmeyvo' 'oy' Hergh vInejta'.
>
>There are several parts of this translation that I cannot understand

"Because Lenore is lost, the rare and beautiful girl
and Lenore is the name which angels name,
from my book a medicine for my pain I'm looking for"

>{*Lenore* chIlmo'} seems to mean something like "because Lenore is
>lost," but there is no subject in this clause.

You're right... I'm confusing with chIl and I used it as an adjective.
Is correct "*Lenore* chIllu'mo'" (in this case chIl assume the passive
form?). Now I try to find a solution for "is lost"

>Also, I'm not sure {chIl}
>("lose, misplace")

I've got the same doubt... :(

>The rest of the translation, though, appears to be almost flawless.

Thanks! :) But there are a lot of part still... :)))

--
Tremal-Naik -- [email protected] -- GnuPGid: 0xBEB04EDB
E.A. Poe Klingon Translation Project: http://web.tiscalinet.it/tremal