tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 27 13:21:36 2000

RE: [KLBC] [The Raven] Another little step

Tremal-Naik:
> >SuchwI' neH 'ej pagh law'.
> >It's an attempt to translate "Only a
> >visitor and nothing more"... I'm not sure at all with "pagh law'" for
> >"nothing more".

DujHoD:
> [...] I would
> recommend using {tu'lu'} as the sentence's verb: {SuchwI' neH pagh latlh
> je tu'lu'}. If you want to simplify and shorten the sentence, you could
> even remove {pagh latlh je}--a Klingon might see it as being
> unnecessarily redundant.

How about an emphatic: /SuchwI' neH tu'lu'qu'/?

Okrand's been pretty loose in his translation of /-qu'/:

>From Power Klingon:
Bring that here! /naDev Dochvetlh qem!/
I really mean it this time, bring that here! /naDev Dochvetlh qemqu'!/

So /SuchwI' neH tu'lu'qu'/ could mean "There's only a visitor, and I
really mean that!" or "[There's] only a visitor, and nothing more!"

--
De'vID