tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 22 10:02:33 2000

Re: your "crosswords"

ja' ghunchu'wI' 'utlh:

>>Across
>>1.The end of the greater part. Milk without head.
>>2.The most famous Captain of the KLI.
>>3.Unlimited courage. Just a bit more and it would be >>special.
>>4.Dear worm!
>>5.Your rubble is jumbled.
>>6.These three consonants go in sequence and in this >>order.
>>
>>Down
>>1.Brain.
>>2.We are interesting.
>>3.The planet where mugatos live.
>>4.You have just heard someone hiccup because he has >>drank too much beer. Prey without vowels.
>>5.Evil tyrant who ruled the Klingon Empire 1,500 >>years ago.
>>6.Klingon musicians squeeze and strech out their >>windbag instruments. We start.
>>
>>Solutions to Crossword 1
>>  1 2 3 4 5 6
>>1 X m X I m X
>>2 Q a n q o r
>>3 o D u X l e
>>4 gha r gho y
>>5 I j a D r X
>>6 j X l X X m

>This is apparently some form of "crossword" with >which I am unfamiliar, as you've got black squares >interruping words, missing and extra letters in odd >places within words, and no apparent pattern to the >black squares.
>Maybe it's an established style of puzzle, but I've >never encountered one like it before. And I don't >understand a lot of the clue-answer pairs.
>Can you explain why 1 Across is <mIm> and what the >extra <m> is about in 6 Down, at least, so I might >have a clue about what you're getting at? <Qanqor> >and <maDaj> are okay, but many of the others just >look like nonsense.

Well, perhaps there's some confusion here. I must confess I don't know how English crosswords are, but I write these ones following Catalan tradition, where the main point isn't the difficulty but the language jokes, the puns. So, perhaps, due to my por English some clues aren't as clear as I tried.
Also, please note that, when I give the solutions occupied squares are marked by a X. So, 1 Across isn't {mIm}, it's {X m X I m X}: first, third and last square occupied, and {m} and {Im} belonging to definitions one and two: "The end of the greater part" and "Milk without head".
Here you have the whole solutions with the repective solution and (marked by a ">") the word it becomes from:

Across
1.The end of the greater part (m > HochHom). Milk without head (Im > mIm).
2.The most famous Captain of the KLI (Qanqor).
3.Unlimited courage (oDu > toDuj). Just a bit more and it would be special (le > le').
4.Dear worm! (gharghoy)
5.Your rubble is jumbled (IjaDr > DIraj).
6.These three consonants go in sequence and in this order (jlm).

Down
1.Brain (QoghIj).
2.We are interesting (maDaj).
3.The planet where mugatos live (nural).
4.You have just heard someone hiccup because he has drank too much beer (Iq > HIq). Prey without vowels (ghD > gheD).
5.Evil tyrant who ruled the Klingon Empire 1,500 years ago (molor).
6.Klingon musicians squeeze and strech out their windbag instruments (rey). We start (m > maH).

Please take a look to Marc Ruehlaender's crosswords too, I would define them as interesting.

	ghaHbe'wI'

http://www.latinmail.com.  Gratuito, latino y en espaņol.

Back to archive top level