tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 21 19:31:13 2000

RE: KLBC: relative clauses again (and some un-relative-clause stuff)

ja' Voragh:
>> Or even "crater" itself, that's sort of a space-related word...
>
>True, but I don't think we saw any in ST3, ST5 and ST6 - the three movies for
>which Okrand was paid to provide Klingon dialogue - and so Okrand didn't need
>to come up with a word.

The Genesis torpedo simulation on the tape began with a view of a lifeless
moon littered with craters.  The Klingon officers definitely saw them,
though their comments were more about the results of the detonation than
the original condition of the target.

The actors themselves probably didn't have any idea what the Genesis tape
looked like, however, and I doubt the script said anything detailed about
it.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level