tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 15 22:34:07 2000

Re: [KLBC] [The Raven] Part 11

In a message dated 8/15/2000 4:14:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< *{puHDep} "land being" >>

Again, I'm going only on feelings without substantial evidence that one is
better than another.  I see {puH} as a land mass and {yav} as the ground on
which we stand.  We have used {yavDuj} for "automobile" when {Duj} alone
didn't express our idea clearly enough.  Personally, I prefer {yavDep} for an
animate being not humanoid over {puHDep}.

There remains the possibility of {ghorDep} for beings upon the surface of the
planet, qar'a'?

peHruS

Back to archive top level