tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 15 20:38:26 2000

Re: [klic] tel Qa'Hom

[juHwIj jaDqa' puvlaHbogh Qa'Hom'e']

ja'pu' Xardana:
>HoSqu' Qa'Homvam 'e' vIQub.  juH jaDlaH'a'?
>
>Even in English you say "hurled about my house."  Does this really mean that
>the flying mouse is "throwing your house around?"

ja' [email protected]:
>ghobe', nom puvlI'bogh tel Qa'Hom 'e' QIjmeH vIneHta' mu''e'.
>'ach 'uchDI' narghmeH luSuvbej 'e' *wren* rapbe'
>
>no, I wanted a word to explain the velsoity at which the mouse flew.
>	I see what you mean, But webster's 1932 has a definition of, "To rush".
>but that may not be the klingon intent.

An example of {jaD} "throw about, hurl about" is used in KGT:
{Soj jaD} "He/she throws or hurls the food in the manner of a projectile"

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level