tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 15 16:38:21 2000

[KLBC] [The Raven] Part 13

Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,
«Doubtless», said I, «what it utters is its only stock and store
Caught frome some unhappy master whom unmerciful disaster
Followed fast and followed faster till his songs one burden bore -
Till the dirges of his Hope that melancholy burden bore
Of «"Never ­ nevermore"».

mumerchu'moH jangtaHghach lughvam,
«mu'tlheghvam'e' neH Sovmo' ghaH jIHonbe'» 'e' vIjatlh
«'ej ghaHvaD mu'tlheghvam ghojmoH pIn'a' Do'Ha'chu''e' ghoSbogh QIH,
lughoSmo' QIH 'IQmoH bomHommeyDaj
'ej bomHommeyDaj 'IQ rInmoH "not ­ not qaS"»

PS: I have changed the name of the Raven in "not qaS". I think that it
could mean "Never happen", which is similar to "Nevermore".

--
See you later alligator!!

Tremal-Naik -- [email protected] -- GnuPGid: 0xBEB04EDB
E.A. Poe's Klingon Translation Project: http://web.tiscalinet.it/tremal

Back to archive top level