tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 13 12:21:53 2000

[KLBC] [The Raven] Part 10

Then this ebony bird beguilling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore
"Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou" I said , "art sure no craven,
Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly Shore -
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven "Nevermore".

'ej nargtaHghachlIj quvmo' buStaHghachmeywIj QuchmoH toQvam qIj
"QuchlIj Hab" 'e' vIjatlh "'ach nuch 'oHbe'chu',
bIQtIq Hurghvo' ghoSbogh *Raven*'e' moH 'ej tIQ -
jIHvaD bIQtIq Hurghvo' ghoSbogh ponglIj'e' quv Dajatlh!"
"not law'" jatlh *Raven*

PS: I use narghtaHlIj for "aspect" and "buStaHghach" for "thought". Am I
right with -ghach suffix?

--
See you later alligator!!

Tremal-Naik -- [email protected] -- GnuPGid: 0xBEB04EDB
E.A. Poe's Klingon Translation Project: http://web.tiscalinet.it/tremal

Back to archive top level