tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 01 13:24:28 2000

Re: KLBC: relative clauses again (and some un-relative-clause stuff)

>From: [email protected]
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: Re: KLBC: relative clauses again (and some un-relative-clause
>stuff)
>Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 15:20:58 EDT
>
>jatlh Patrick:
> >Are there any words or phrases I could use to translate
> >the following so I won't have to put too many of my words in <>'s?
>
>pagh's suggestions are great. Just a couple of other things I though of.
>
> >crater
>
>Depending on what kind of crater we're talking about, I might suggest
>something like one of the following:
>   {maS ngech}  moon valley (i.e., lunar crater)
>   {ngechvetlh'e' chenmoHpu' chunDab yIlegh!}  Look at that valley that
>     a meteor formed! (i.e., Look at that crater!)

I thought of maHpIn rurbogh ngech (bowlshaped valley, lit. valley that
resembles a bowl.) but I'll try to use those ideas. (I haven't gotten to
that part of the translation yet.)

> >larva
>
>What about gharghHom?
>
>                                         DujHoD

I'll use that.

I'm a little more than a third done with the episode translation...I've
probably made about a hundred typos in the Klingon, though, either from my
inexperience with Klingon or the fact I did a lot of it at 2 in the morning.
It's hard having to rewrite all those sentences so they work, but I think
most of it went rather well. I'll post it in segments when I'm done so you
all can tell me how much of it is legible Klingon...A question though:

"Look at this!" - could this be "yItu'"? "Observe!"