tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 18 13:50:06 2000

names of weapons

I have read an article today in a club newsletter about Klingon weapons.
I am not familier with most of them named. I find no record of the names
in KGT.I also recall a questions posted a short time ago about the origin
of the word mek'leth or more properly written meqleH. The writer of the
article translated the word as meHleH meaning "sword that comes from the
                                               bridge" or "bridge sword".
I am assuming that they placed the two words meH (bridge of a ship) and
'etlh together for te translation. Is this correct ?I can't find any canon
on it.
Other words that I can't find any canon on are:
chonaQ
jejtaj
haf'leth
chu'nISwI' HIch
ngo'SIwI' Hich
nIS'wI' beH
vI'nISwI' beH'a'
Hegh'aw'wI'

I"m totally baffled. Am I just not looking in the correct places for these
words?
Respectfully,
Lt.Commander Maud Freifelder /Lt.Commander malqa
Chief Security Officer /Chief of Cadet Corps.
USS Triumph NCC-26228/R2/ Starfleet (Triumph Against All Odds)
jIjatlhpa' jatlh Hovmey (The stars will talk before I will)
Listowner of KlingonsServingInStarfleet list at Onelist.com*
Listowner of VoyagerChat list at Onelist.com*

Back to archive top level