tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 16 17:38:29 2000

Re: KLBC: Hov Ha'DIbaH je lut

jatlh pagh:

> > ghaH ghomDI' ghaH *Fahs* HolqoqDaj yajlaH
>
>  The double <ghaH> just sound a bit weird. Sticking in an actual noun for
one
>  would probably sound better.
>
>  > (wabmeyDaj vIHghachmeyDaj je *meaning*).
>
>  This is kind of tough to express. I'd probably say something like:
>
>  HolqoqDaj jatlhmeH, wab Sar lIng 'ej vIH.

I struggled with this for a while, and eventually decided to rephrase
my whole concept.  How about:

ghaH ghomDI' *Csitame *Fahs* HolqoqDaj yajlaH (ghotpu'vaD Dap
wabDajbogh).

=When Csitame and the Fahs met, she understood his so-called
language (his noises which were nonsense to the humanoids).

-Eodrakken

Back to archive top level