tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 12 15:32:24 2000

RE: 'e'mo' (was RE: KLIC: DaHjaj mu'mey)

ghel tuv'el. jatlh:

For clarity I'll speak English.  I like the sentence Say'IluD came
up with much better than my original sentence, and Pagh's is better still.
About /'e'mo'/: I was thinking "because of that" when I wrote it.  I can see
now why it was wrong.  Could I say something like <<'e'mo' vIlegh>> to mean
something like "because I saw that"?  Or is it just completely wrong?

It is not correct, at least as far as we know. In this case, though, you
want the verb suffix <-mo'>: <'e' vIleghmo'> - "Because I saw that".

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ