tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 11 14:18:42 2000

pIqaD problem

jImIS

I now have the pIqaD fonts, for PC, on my computer, which I *think* is the one I
bought from KLI a year or so back.
I'd already purchased it for the Mac years ago when I first joined the KLI, and
then this one for PC when I got my new VIAO laptop. I don't remember having this
problem when I used the "for Mac" version.

As I understand it, use the "caps lock" to get Modern pIqaD (must use shift key to
get the numbers) or use all lower case for the "Old Officers' Font". I usually only
use modern pIqaD for signs & such.
    The q is "Q", the k is "q", the c is "ch", the g is "gh", the x is "tlh", and I
believe the f is "ng" <qar'a'?

But where is the glottal stop? on my font is is NOT on the apostrophy and I've
searched all over the keyboard for it. Why is there a trifoil on the z, but no
glottal stop? I must switch to another font in about a 24 size, to grab the<'>,
each time I need a glottal stop. This is extremely tedious. I can't believe the KLI
would omit the glottal stop glyph.  Does anyone else have the same problem?

Pillow

Back to archive top level