tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 10 10:26:35 2000

Re: Klingon WOTD: boH (v)

: Klingon word:   boH
: Part of Speech: verb
: Definition:     be impatient

FYI, {boH} has been used once in canon:

  bIboH. yIjotchoH
  You're impatient. Calm down! (KGT)

Related words: {jotHa'} "be uneasy", {bIt} "be nervous, be uneasy", {bergh} "be
irritable" and {Sey} "be excited".

: Additional Notes:  Opposite of {tuv}.

OTOH {tuv} "be patient" has never been used in canon AFAIK.  Note the related
{jot} "be calm" in the KGT citation supra.

Curious how there seem to be more words in Klingon for states of
excitement/dis-ease than for states of calm!

[I enjoy noting synonyms and antonyms; if anyone can think of others, please
let me know.  It's always good to know just what tools are available when
you're writing.  You know, I'm amazed at just how rich the vocabulary can
sometimes be, considering its extremely small size.]

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level