tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 08 10:38:53 2000

Re: KLBC How do I say.

jatlh DloraH:
>Qunna', the one true God; as opposed to the Greek's QunHey, so-called gods.
>Qun'a' does not imply that there is only one.
>Zuez (sp?) could be a Qun'a', he is higher than the others.
>Gilgamesh had a Qun'a' above the other Qunmey.

bIlughbej; that's why I said that {Qun'a'} and {joH'a'} could be
certainly be misinterpreted. If by "Zuez" you mean the Greek god Zeus, I
agree that {Qun'a'} would be the perfect word for him. But I do not
agree that {Qunna'} would be a good word for a monotheistic god. The
Greeks (if they spoke Klingon) would call Athena, Hera, and Hermes
{Qunpu'na'} even though they are polytheistic. Whether one uses
{Qun'a'}, {joH'a'}, or {Qunna'}, however, context will probably clarify
the meaning.

                                        DujHoD

Back to archive top level