tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 08 09:50:41 2000

RE: KLBC How do I say.

> jatlh pagh:
> >Okrand has given use the word <Qun> for
> >"god", but it's meant for the Klingons' historical gods. <Qun>
> >would be perfect for the ancient Greek or Roman gods, but
> >Okrand has said it does not apply to a single, all powerful
> >God. He agreed with someone that <joH'a'> was a good
> >term for that concept.
>
> ghel De'vID:
> >Incidentally, what would be wrong with /Qun'a'/ for the
> >capital-G God?
>
> jatlh DloraH:
> >or [ Qunna' ]
>
> {Qunna'} seems to mean that the being is most definitely a god, as
> opposed to some entity that looks like a god but not might actually be
> one ({QunHey}). I think that {joH'a'} (or De'vID's {Qun'a'}) more
> clearly conveys the concept (although even those could be
> misinterpreted.)
>

>                                         DujHoD

Qunna', the one true God; as opposed to the Greek's QunHey, so-called gods.
Qun'a' does not imply that there is only one.
Zuez (sp?) could be a Qun'a', he is higher than the others.
Gilgamesh had a Qun'a' above the other Qunmey.

DloraH

Back to archive top level