tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 08 09:10:12 2000

RE: (KLBC) Background names

> > - QrIS'taq = "Kri'stak volcano" (jIbejbe')
>
> That <Qr> at the beginning is as unpronouncable as "xzfylgh" in English. I
> don't know what this is supposed to be, but it is most likely <QIrIStaq>.

Sometimes [Q] gets translated to english [Kr]; many canon examples.
QIStaq = Kri'stak

> > - ? = "Lursor" (ngeng)
>
> jISovbe'chu'

lurSor

> > - ? = "Sto'vo'qor"
>
> This one is a great mystery. "Sto'vo'qor" (or however the writers

I spell this one So'vo'qor

> > - ghe'tor / ghe''or = "Gre'thor"
>
> I prefer <ghe''or>, but <ghe'tor> is newer.

I prefer ghe''or also.(the spelling that is, not the place)

> > - jInaq = "amulet"
>
> Specifically, an amulet given to a female. I think it's sometime in early
> adolescence.

It is given to her when she has come of age to take a mate.
Human males would like these at the singles bars.
KGT p205

DloraH

Back to archive top level