tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 03 21:41:15 2000

wa'Hu' qepHom / KLBC

qepHom  vItIvqu'  'ach puS  ghotpu'  jeSpu'.

a videpgrapher from a cable-access show wanted some footage of someone speaking
the language. He asked me to read Hamlet's popular section from act III scene
one. Beyound the first line I'm totally unfamiliar with the material (I've never
read Shakespeare) So, I was merrily blasting through it, forcefully of course,
when in the middle of the section I found <muSHa'ghach>. I was surprised. I
stopped, re-read it, then looked at the opposing page to read the English (I
sure wouldn't call it <DI'vI' Hol>) There was about 3 or 4 people watching and
I'm mumbling to myself "muSHa'ghach?  muSHa'ghach? aha! so there IS a noun for
it! I knew it! I knew it! muSHa'ghach!!!!"
    I wonder if that part gets broadcast.....hmmmm.... as they say....
qen  qaSpu'bogh wanI'  ja'taHghach'e'  'e'  wa'maHwa'Daq  bejlu'.........

Back to archive top level