tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 26 04:17:10 1999

KLBC: SuSwI'

jatlh Angela:

> I know these phrases are really stretching things, but I
> thought I'd put them up for discussion.

> SuSwI'Hom jIH. (I meant that to sound derogatory by saying I
> blow into an instrument with very little talent - not worthy
> of the word musician.)

I would expect <SuSwI'Hom> to be an apprentice or student wind musician. The
<-Hom> suffix does not automatically mean anything derogatory - it's just
how you use it. If you went up to a powerful looking, well armed Klingon and
said <SuvwI'Hom SoH>, that would be insulting and probably get you killed.
On the other hand, calling a field medic a <QelHom> would be perfectly
appropriate and not insulting at all.

> QaghwI' jIH! (I screw up royally!)

vIHarQo' jay'!

pagh