tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 07 09:38:09 1999

Re: KLBC: mu'qaD Etymology

> However, your point is correct.  In Klingon, one cannot peel apart
> word-elements and expect them to mean something.  We don't know the
> etymology of most Klingon words, and assuming that we can guess them is
> foolishness.  The etymologies we DO know support this: they tend to be
> complex enough that they'd never be guessed.
>
> SuStel
> Stardate 99681.5

I'd love a book, or at least a series of HolQed articles (impetus to
subscribe) on the Entymology of tlhIngan Hol. It'd make make self-imposed
task of creating an logo-syllabic writing system much easier.

quljIb

Back to archive top level