tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 19 19:32:14 1999

Re: Eternal Life...

At 12:52 PM 10/19/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Kortar did not kill all the gods, just "the gods who created him".

Hoch Qunpu' HoHbe'qortar 'e' Dajatlh'a'?  chay' 'e' DaSov?  tlhIngan paqmey
tIQ wIghajbe'bogh Daghaj'a'?

How do you know that he did not kill ALL the gods?  Are you priveleged to
ancient Klingon texts that the rest of us have been denied?

 All this
>means is that he killed at least two gods, nothing more.  We have no idea how
>many gods in total there were in ancient Klingon mythology.  Possibly as
few as
>a dozen, possibly hundreds or even thousands.  Certainly there were enough
left
>to punish him.

Certainly you say?  You must have priveleged information.

SuSvaj

>> And if the death of the gods was a good thing, why was he punished?
>> What was his sin?
>
>Deicide -- which Klingons approve of but I'm sure the gods themselves
didn't.
>Perhaps Kortar was the first Klingon to raise his hands to the gods (proving
>that the gods could be killed) inspiring the rest of Klingon-kind to rise up
>and finish the job at some later date.
>
>SuStel:
>: Worf and Jadzia were married in a ceremony where Worf played the part of
>: this god-killer guy. Apparently, he's important enough to base a ceremony
>: around.
>
>Nothing was said about Worf impersonating Kortar per se during his
wedding.  As
>I understood it, the married couple represented *all* the ancient men and
women
>who rose up and slaughtered their useless gods.  (Or were they oppressive?
 I'm
>not sure the motive was explicitly stated other than simply outgrowing the
need
>for gods.)
>
>Well, enough of this off-topic speculation.  Back to tlhIngan Hol.
>

>--
>Voragh
>Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level