tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 29 20:30:57 1999

Re: KLBC: <Las Vegas>Daq lengwIj

Burt Clawson wrote:

>         ja' pIl'o':
>
> > chay' *Japanese leng ghom Hoch raQpo'ba'taHchugh  jolpu'bogh  raQpo'pu'
> > jatlh
> > Da'wI'?
> > pIl'o'
> >
>         [How Japanese tourist group][all][(handle perfective obviously
> continuous if)][for transporting passengers][my corporal say?]
>
>         OK, I'm sorry, but this sentence stopped my dead in my tracks. Would
> you mind parsing it for me, so I understand what you were trying to say?
>
>         - tuv'el

I thought [Da'] also means "to act as if. in the manner of", so I wanted to use
[Da'wI'] for "actor".
null prefix+jatlh for he/they speak to he/them
direct object = passengers
jolpu'bogh = which be transported
Qu'vatlh! I put verb suffixes on a noun!!! *aaarrrgh!
now I am stumped......
I wanted to say, " How do the actors speak to the transported passengers if all
of the passengers are a Japanese tour group?"

pagh,    _vav loDnI'_ qajachqu'!  <tera'gnan idiom)
                                                            pIl'o'

Back to archive top level