tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 29 08:58:33 1999

Possible pun: {bID}

I have a friend who's a scientist at the NIH, who focuses on alcohol
withdrawal treatment.  I was recently reviewing some case descriptions he's
written, and I came across the following notation:  n mg of <medication> po
BID.  I asked what "po BID" means, and he says "BID means twice a day (bis
in die)" (Latin).  "bis" means "twice", but "BID" means "twice a day," in
other words, every half-day.

It's a stretch, sure, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

--Holtej 'utlh

tlhIngan Hol mailing list FAQ