tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 24 16:42:47 1999

RE: KLBC: Verbs of Speaking (was: Re: *Egypt* Hol navmey)

jatlh juDmoS:
> > DaH jIyaj. So when quoting oneself, it is correct to say
> > {jIjatlh:}, not {vIjatlh:}, as I have done in the past,
> > qar'a'?

jatlh quljIb:

> On the same thread: I oft use {jIghItlh quljIb} when quoting
> myself in my posts. Is {ghItlh} considered a "verb of
> speaking" when used this way. IOW, does it act the same way
> as {jatlh}, {ja'}, and {jang}?

If I remember correctly, Okrand has said the <jatlh> and <ja'> are pretty
much the only verbs of speaking. None of the other verbs related to
<ja'>.

pagh

Back to archive top level