tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 22 14:41:08 1999

Re: *Egypt* Hol navmey

jatlh ghunchu'wI':
>word {bep}, you've got to expect people to understand it
>as "complain, object, gripe". You did imply that he was
>complaining.  Maybe you thought he had a reason, maybe not.

vIjang:
>jIyaj. mu' nIv yIchup.

chup *pagh:
>Qoch.

I tend to think of the quote as a direct object to the verb. For example, in

jatlh vay':
>vay' vIjatlhlI'.

I think of "vay' vIjatlhlI'" as being the direct object of {jatlh}.

{Qoch} will not work this way. {Qoch} is almost certainly an intransitive
verb.

(Actually, if the quote is a direct object, Klingon grammar dictates that it
should look more like this:

>vay' vIjatlhlI'.
:jatlh vay'

but I still consider the quotes to be direct objects. Beside, that looks
rather ugly to human eyes.)

- DujHoD

Back to archive top level