tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 18 17:49:17 1999

RE: Klingon WOTD: bagh (v)

jIjatlh:
> >DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'.

jang DujHoD:
> jIyajbe'. Create fire in the side as soon as the situation is
> dangerous?

I have just issued a "replacement proverb", or <qa'meH vIttlhegh>. This is
what Klingons do after a social blunder in order to "replace" lost honor.
The meaning of the proverb is pretty much irrelevant. When done in person,
the delivery is very important; if it is not spoken confidently and
forcefully, it will not be accepted. Over email, though, there's not much
room for expression. I think we just have to trust the intentions of the
sender. Here is a (probably incomplete) list of replacement proverbs:

reH latlh qabDaq qul tuj law' Hoch tuj puS
DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'
jagh DajeymeH nIteb yISuvrup
reH Suvrup SuvwI''a'
HIvqa' veqlargh