tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 17 16:15:29 1999

RE: KLBC: Prefixes with Pronouns

jatlh DujHoD:

> On TKD 29, it says {lujpu' jIH} (not {jIlujpu' jIH}). Does
> this mean that
> verb prefixes are optional if pronouns are used?

Yikes. It even says it *twice*. There are two possibilities: either this is
a simple missing prefix error, or it reveals some new bit about grammar that
we were unaware of. Since nothing else before or since corroborates this, I
think we have to assume it is just a simple error. Prefixes are not optional
in normal formal written Klingon. Clipped Klingon is another matter
entirely, but I'm certain this example is not Clipped Klingon either.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ