tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 15 13:52:14 1999

Re: Klingon WOTD: bagh (v)

jatlh Holtej:
>Klingon word:   bagh
>Part of Speech: verb
>Definition:     tie

vIghel:
>Does this mean "tie" as in:
>waqwIj vIbagh. I tie my shoe.
>or:
>QujDaq mabagh. We tied in the game.

jang Holtej:
>I don't think anyone else has answered this, so I'll jump in here.  As far
>as I know, the word {bagh} has not been used in canon, so we don't know for
>sure.  I've always assumed that it means the former, as in tying a knot,
>though I have no real justification for believing this.
>
>If it has been used in canon in such a way as to clarify its meaning, I hope
>someone else here will point it out.  :)

The reason I though it might be the latter is that I thought it might be a
counterpart for {luj} and {Qap}. Of course, you could always say {loS Hev
'ovwI'vam, rur 'ovwI'vetlh}, but that is a lot longer than just saying {bagh.}

- DujHoD

Back to archive top level