tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 12 06:29:21 1999

Re: KLBC Intro: Part two

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 23:14:33 EST [email protected] wrote:

> By the way, in dissecting the structure of my question, it was never
> answered: ie. Where are the rules pertaining to the usage of the -ngan
> (inhabitant of) suffix located? Can it only be used to refer to planets and
> races?

{ngan} is a noun, not a suffix. It combines with the names of
planets to form compound nouns. We know this because we've seen
many examples, like tera'ngan, etc. Meanwhile this usage is all
we have to go by. It can probably be used other ways, though we
do not know if these would sound strange to a Klingon.

For my own usage, I start with the usage I've seen and I'll
consider intuition if I'm tempted to use {ngan} with some other
noun.

> juDmoS

charghwI'

Back to archive top level