tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 11 17:39:55 1999

Re: KLBC: Irish Hol qaDHom

<< jIjatlh:

 > While listening to an Irish language instructional tape,
 > I heard a phrase that sounded somewhat Klingon. I don't
 > remember the Irish well enough to include it, but here's
 > the English: "A story requires a drink".

 > The challenge is to translate it into Klingon. Keep in
 > mind that Klingon has no word for "drink".

 No *noun* for "drink".

 pagh
 Beginners' Grammarian

I'll take a stab at it...
HIq ghajnISlu'  lut ja'lu'pa'. (One must have liquor before one tells a
story.)

I know that many would prefer a different drink,

Back to archive top level