tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 09 14:20:42 1999

Re: KLBC: Undoubtedly continue to..

vIjatlh:
>Sometimes I wish that {-moH} were a full-fledged verb instead of
>merely a suffix. For example, instead of {vISopmoH}, you would say {Sop 'e'
>vImoH}. You could just say what was being caused and then add {...'e' moH}
>the end.

jatlh ghunchu'wI':
>Instead of wishing for a verb that has a meaning similar to {-moH}, why
>not go looking for one instead?  {raD} often works, and if you *really*
>want something close to a naked {-moH}, you can probably use {qaSmoH}.
>
>If I wanted to say something that could be done by putting {...'e' moH X}
>after it, I would probably put {Xmo'...} in front of it instead.

bIlughchu'. That's the second time I've asked for a verb that asks like a
suffix and someone told me one. (The other time was when I wanted a verb that
acted like {-nIS} and charghwI' [or maybe it was someone else] gave me
{poQ}.) Rest assured, I'll look more carefully next time.

- DujHoD

Back to archive top level