tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 09 13:03:08 1999

RE: Klingon Word of the Day: bach (n)

> I think this is going to be very confusing for some people .
> bach is a noun & an verb ,shot, shoot.

That ambiguity is due to the language, not to the WOTD.  :)  I *do* clearly
indicate the part of speech.

> I"m gathering my own list.. first of all the verb in TKD, now all the
> nouns ,pronouns, etc. This way I learn by sight what part of speech a word
> is . I'll probably disregard the WOTD as it wil be hard to integrate into
> my own lists and you're probably going down TKD lists anyway.

When I have the complete lexicon supplemented with canon examples, I will
randomize the order.  For now, it's sequential.  I wouldn't disregard it,
though; there may be useful information in the notes for a word, such as
comments by Marc Okrand on how the word is used, and sample canon sentences
that demonstrate its usage.

In the end, though, you make of it what you want.  I'm just putting it out
there.  :)

> Lt.Commander Maud Freifelder /Lt.Commander malqa

--Holtej 'utlh

tlhIngan Hol mailing list FAQ