tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 09 08:14:31 1999

Klingon Word of the Day

jabbI'IDghomvamvaD pat chu' vIcher.  <<jaj tlhIngan mu'>> 'oH.

ghomvamvaD Hoch jaj mu' chu' vIngeH 'e' vIHech.  mu'ghomwIjvo' mu' vIwIv.
tlhIngan Hol mu'ghomvo' 'oHbe'chugh mu'vam, mu' Hal vIngu'.  mu' lo'pu'chugh
*Okrand*, mu'tlheghvam vI'agh je.

nuq SuQub?  jIruch'a'?  Qapchu'law' patvam.

I've set up an automated "Klingon Word of the Day" mailer, which will send
an automated message daily in e-mail.  The mail includes a Klingon word,
part of speech, and definition.  If there are additional notes on usage or
if the word is from a source other than TKD, I give that info.  Also, if the
word has been used in canon, I give an example.

For now, the words are being selected in alphabetical order.  I have less
than half of the lexicon ready at this point, but when it's all in place, I
can randomize the order, so it won't seem so predictable.

What do y'all think?  Shall I start this thing up?  I've been running it for
about a week sending mail to myself, to make sure it's working reliably,
which it is.  If the consensus is that this is A Good Thing, I'll flip the
switch.

--Holtej 'utlh

tlhIngan Hol mailing list FAQ