tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 07 09:27:04 1999

Re: transitive verbs

"William H. Martin" wrote:
This starts off fine until...

> I'm tempted now to challenge
> DraQoS, who is so self-impressed with his dedication to the
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> language, to do the same for me.

What is it you hope to accomplish by this? Are you trying to
frighten me off? Are deliberately being insulting or what?
How would you take this same message if the roles were
reversed?

Like I said before, I have a lot of respect for your
knowledge of this subject. I feel I have a lot to learn from
you. However if the price I have to pay is to put up with
rude condescending behavior such as this, well I will pass.
If you have no respect for another's views, even one as new
to this as me, then it makes it difficult for me to have any
respect for your views. If you are trying to teach me
something, this is not an effective method. And if what you
are trying to teach me has nothing to do with ta' Hol, it
doesn't belong here.

As you are apparently a smart guy, it begs the question of
why you would adopt such a counterproductive tactic. It is
more likely to get you written off as someone not worth
bothering with. It won't garner you respect. It will just
get you ignored. Perhaps that is all you are really after.
In which case, all you would have to do is state that is
what you want.

> Maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing, either.

Ben (DraQoS)

Back to archive top level