tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 05 15:14:09 1999

RE: And then...? And then...? (And then along came Jones...) - For MO

jatlh ~mark:

> > *ping* and an adverb for "finally"!  Though so far only for finally in
> the
> > sense of "it happened after a long expectation, after being considered
> > late" and not "at the end of the story, when all is/was said and done."

jang charghwI':
> We still need an exclammatory meaning, "So?" I guess we'll just
> have to do with facial expressions.

If you mean "So?" as in "You've said something, but I don't care" or "That
is irrelevant to me; maybe someone else will care", we do have one way to
express the idea, similar to the english quip "Here's 35 cents - go call
someone who cares":

latlh HIvje'Daq 'Iw HIq bIr yIqang!
- KGT, p. 118

-taD