tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 03 18:02:39 1999

RE: KLBC vuDlIjvaD qatlhob

jatlh juDmoS:

> ghom pong 'e' vImugh 'e' vInIDtaH.

maj. You've got an extra <'e'> in there - the one after <pong> doesn't make
much sense. Also, type seven suffixes like <-taH> are not allowed to go on a
verb after <'e'>.

ghom pong vImugh 'e' vInID.

> qay' pab.

Do'Ha'.

> *teqSIS*Daq ghommaj.

This is a sentence without a verb. Basically, it just says "Our group in
Texas.". You want <teqSISDaq 'oHtaH ghommaj'e'>.

> ' Hov mobbogh ' 'oH *teqSIS* Sep pong.

If you're going to use a <-bogh> clause, it should be <mobbogh Hov>, since
the subject goes *after* the verb. However, <mob> means "be alone", so it
can act like an adjective and go right after the verb: <Hov mob>.

> Hov mobbogh SepDaq SuvwI'pu' ghom , qar'a' ?
> (Lone Star Warriors Association)

<Hov mob> instead of <Hov mobbogh> from above . . .

The locative suffix <-Daq> doesn't make much sense in noun phrases like
this, and even if it did, I don't think it's what you want. You're the
Warriors Association *of* Texas, not *in* Texas.

Finally, the plural suffix <-pu'> is not necessary here (plurals almost
never are), and I would leave it off.

Hov mob Sep SuvwI' ghom

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian