tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 02 06:53:56 1999

Re: HolQeD and KLBC

>From: [email protected]
>Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 09:46:42 EST
>
>Not all sentences have an OBJECT. An object, also called a direct object, is
>the PERSON, THING, or PLACE that is being acted upon. All the objects in this
>paragraph are in all caps.

This may have been said already (I'm behind on my email), but a nitpick:
the "PERSON, THING, or PLACE" in the second sentence are not direct objects
of the sentence.  They are predicate nominatives.  Where Klingon has these
(which isn't as often as English), they seem to be treated mostly like
objects.

~mark

Back to archive top level