tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 01 19:43:39 1999

Re: Jokes, was Re: nID cha' attn:KLBG

qaja' Terrence Donnelly:

> I've got some jokes in Klingon on my Webpage, at
>
> http://www.geocities.com/teresh_2000/klinjoke.html
>
> I've been posting these to the list off and on for years, and
> collected some of my favorites here.  They're just plain old
> jokes translated into Klingon, not word-plays or anything,
> but, well, _I_ like them.

I find that the jokes, especially the puns, help me learn
this stuff.

Many years ago, I was under the Atlantic ocean as a crewman
aboard a US Naval submarine. Now sub patrols are rather dull
for the most part, (and actually you want to keep it dull
when you have 16 nuclear missiles) There was a particular
foreign film that was germane to our occupation and we had
both the subtitled and dubbed version aboard. Every night
for three weeks one or the other version of this same film
was played on the mess decks.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago. I am working on my own
AKD, when I come across a particular word for a type of
footwear in the TKD. Now I think that word is stuck in my
head forever. And thanks to chargwI', I doubt I will forget
the words for brain, acts like and farm.

Ben (DraQoS)

Back to archive top level