tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 30 11:20:45 1999

Re: KLBC, first sentence try

jatlh pagh

> Very close, but the <-meH> clause here doesn't quite work. I'd probably say
> <*Montreal*-Daq tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' vInej> for this idea.

I thought about saying it this way but remembered a comment made earlier on
the list basically saying that tlhingan Hol was verb centric, so I tried to
stick to the verbs. I can see now that adding <-wI'> to a verb does not go
against what has been said. jIghojtaH.

> <-meH> clauses can be used in two very different ways. The first is to

[snip]

> batlh bIjeSjaj.

tugh jIjeSbej.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Nelson Lamoureux
[email protected]
«Boire sans soif et faire l'amour en tout temps,
Madame, il n'y a que ça qui nous distingue des
autres bętes.»
    Beaumarchais

«When belief in a god dies, the god dies.
When the last acolyte renounces his faith
and turns to another deity, the god ceases to be.»
    Harlan Ellison

Back to archive top level